Monday, August 6, 2012

Black Tea Rinse, Post relaxer fix-that-mess

Since I relaxed my hair a few days ago, I'm super happy with the growth, tried every style possible as loaded the hair with styling products. I also started feeling really paranoid about the effects of the relaxer. That 'go natural already' feeling so I did a quick fix-that-mess routine with hot coconut oil treatment, a tea rinse and an overnight deep conditioner.

So yesterday, I did a hot coconut oil treatment: basically warm 3 heaped tablespoons of coconut oil and apply to hair. Then, I  covered with 2 shower caps for 2 hours, shampooed with nuetralizing shampoo (haha, incase the descendants of the relaxer are still in the hair somewhere).

THEN the almighty tea rinse. I poured 2 cups of cold Black tea (Lipton Yellow Label) all over my hair. I forgot to massage my scalp as tea rinses help reduce shedding especially after relaxer can make hair more vulnerable to shedding. This ish made my hair hard like no other. I rinsed out the tea immediately. Note: I do tea rinses only once a month

Deep conditioned overnight (2 shower caps and a scarf) with Mane and Tail (mixed with coconut, shea, and castor oils).

I rinsed out in the morning, airdried while dressing up then applied my Gentle Touch leave-in (made my hair super soft after that tea), Provectiv growth lotion and sealed with my oil mix.

Put my semi-wet hair in a bun and off to work.... The ride on the Okada from palms to Lekki phase 1 was like a blow drying session, my hair is basically dry now.

My internship ends in a few days. I'll get kitson hanu (yorubas call 'didi') plaited over the weekend. So excited to be 8years old again.

:)

1 comment:

  1. hi i make it with green tea ( this one http://natures-best-home-remedies.blogspot.com/2013/02/tea-rinse-for-hair.html).. will try with black tea...

    hey do u make ur own leave-in???

    ReplyDelete