Thursday, February 14, 2013

Texlaxed

I did a self-relaxer (texturized) with ORS Olive Oil relaxer and rinse out before the required time.

I just wanted to avoid over-processing (frying-ha what we called it in secondary school) my fragile hair and limit the damage. I had some backup neutralizing shampoo (in addition to the little sachet shampoo in the kit) so I shampooed 4 times- leaving the shampoo in for 2 minutes each time before rinsing.

I deep conditioned with the ORS Pak for protein and did a ACV rinse (Apple Cide Vinegar) afterwards. I air dried overnight. I actually don't own a dryer at the moment (I plan to keep air drying anyway). Neither do I own a flat iron- because I just moved and threw away all my old tools while packing. Away with the old!

So I have to get a flat iron or something. Anyway, this is what it looked like after deep conditioning.

looser curls, not too fried


2 comments:

  1. hi dear, great to know another African hair blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! About to texlax my hair and I am so scared I will botch it up. Like you I realised natural is not working for me and wanna do a more healthy option of a relaxer.

    I also want to self-relax cos I want to learn how to do everything that relates to my hay by myself.

    I love your results and how you still have lovely curls and thick hair not bone straight limp hair.

    I hope mine turns out as good as yours! *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete