Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Weekly regimen (8 steps)

My hair has been in braids to allow me stretch my relaxer for four months. But when I take out my braids, this is my typical Friday Night/ Saturday morning regimen in 8 simple steps.

1. pre-poo with warm coconut oil (hot oil treatment) and cover with shower cap or cling film. Leave this in overnight

2. shampoo wash with Pantene Relaxed and Natural. I use Sulphate shampoos as I've tried different sulphate free shampoos that dried the living day moisture out of my hair.

3. Roux Porosity Control/ Apple Cider Vinegar for 30 seconds to a minute (weekly) or Black tea rinse (monthly). Will try the Neem leaf/ dogon yaro rinse soon.

4. deep condition with Hair Mayonnaise/ Cholesterol or Avocado (blended smooth with honey) and coconut oil, cover hair with shower cap for 3 hours- nap/ or steam for 20 minutes in salon

5. apply leave-in conditioner (Gentle Touch) and detangle with wide tooth comb.

6. air dry with scarf over hair. When I use heat with rollers, I also use SheaMoisture serum and coconut+castor oil mix

7. moisturize with shea butter

8. Get braids in.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment