Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Styling Braids

I have my hair in braids practically 9 out of 12 months in a year. This is my easy protective styling and I have braids  for a few weeks to months at a time so its important to switch things up and style so the look doesn't get redundant. I go to grad school with a very inquisitive set of non-Africans so if I carry the same hairstyle for 3 months, the questions of when last I washed my hair, don't I have money to re-do the hair blah blah come up. They don't shut up when I get creative each week and do something 'new' either but you get my drift.

Here's one style I've recently discovered on youtube which I've since rocked and over-rocked during my internship this summer.


I found this style from this youtube video below which I watch quite often to get inspiration:

 I also tried this style from the second youtube video below. But I lack the confidence to walk the streets of Lagos looking like Monae.

xx

2 comments:

  1. This is nice... I just discovered your blog nd just like u.
    I wear braids A LOT of the time...
    Been looking for a way to style my hair and this is just God sent.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realy love d way u styled your hair,,gonna try it

    ReplyDelete