Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Supplements for Hair Growth

I started taking Gummy Multivitamins (for adults :D), Biotin capsules,  and Fish oil as part of my hair regimen and healthy living in general.

Biotin (Vitamin B7): This regimen will last 60 days during which I take 5000mg per day (1 pill) after eating breakfast. Its just one pill daily so super convenient.

"Biotin is most often thought of as the “hair growth vitamin.” It is an essential water-soluble B vitamin... It promotes healthy hair growth and protects against dryness. It also increases the elasticity of the hair's cortex, thus preventing breakage. Biotin can be found in beans, breads, cauliflower, egg yolks, fish, kidney, legumes, liver, meat, dairy products, nuts, oatmeal, oysters, peanut butter, poultry, and whole grains. " source: http://hairfinity.com/BiotinHairGrowth.htm 
Fish Oil:  Fish oil pills are huge and I have to swallow a couple of pills 3 times a day so I take only when I'm in the mood. After my 60-day Biotin regimen, I will resume Fish oil for another 60days. I just hate swallowing pills so I'll be switching to taking the liquid form after using up my current supply.




3 comments:

  1. Pls can you state the advantages of These supplements to hair.
    I take fish oil/ cod liver oil supplements sometimes cos i cant eat fish .
    I didnt know it had benefits for the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omega-3s from fish oil nourishes the hair follicles and can help hair growth and prevent dryness and balding. My mum gave us cod liver oil as kids and swears by it for 'baby baldness.'

    Read more: http://www.ehow.com/way_5340617_fish-oil-hair-growth.html#ixzz22m4Fohdp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,pls where can I buy biotin in lagos

    ReplyDelete